The role of each enterprise in society and its impact are the key to achieving long-term sustainability.
Social programs to which we are committed, include voluntary activities of employees, product and service donations and investment in education and skills acquisition.
The objective of our Hotel is the constant enrichment of social actions aimed at strengthening its role within the community and the continuance of its sustainable operation.
The NJV Athens Plaza recognizes the importance of contributing to the environmental protection, promotes the principles of sustainability and implements recycling and energy saving programs. Since this effort is an ongoing journey, new technologies and new processes are reviewed and applied consistently in order to achieve positive results and reduce our footprint on the environment.
As part of this effort we raise awareness both to our employees and our guests, informing them of the benefits of the environment and promoting environmental sustainability.
- We recycle
-oil motors and engines
-metal aluminum, copper
- We use
-low consumption lamps
-fan coil of water for air conditioning
-eco - friendly colors for painting
-cleaners with environmentally friendly ingredients
-enzymes for cleaning grease and impurities
-inverter technology in any replacement of motor parts
- We replaced the elevator motors and parts with new ones that return 44% of the consumed energy.
- We have reduced the use of plastic.
- We collect and recycle used cooking oil and grease waste residues in special containers and send to specialist waste handlers to create biodiesel.
- The Hotel’s Free Press is printed by completely biodegradable and recyclable paper.
- Plaza cafe's catalogues are written not only in Greek and English, but also in Braille for visually impaired people.