PARTICIPATION IN INTERNATIONAL DAYS 2020
WORLD DAY OF SOCIAL JUSTICE
Closing the Inequalities Gap to Achieve Social Justice
The World Day of Social Justice was established by the Decision of the UN General Assembly in 2007 and is celebrated every year on February 20th.
Its aim is to tackle, through international activities, against poverty, unemployment and social exclusion in an open and globalized society.
NJV Athens Plaza supports the World Day of Social Justice and the internationally recognized human rights, regarding the elimination of inequality in the workplace, in accordance with the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the standards of the International Labor Organization, ensuring:
- Appropriate working conditions and proper and rational organization of work
- Principle of non-discrimination
- Adoption a fair recruitment policy
- Policies that promote work - life balance
- Enhancement of employees' qualifications and opportunities for internship and apprenticeship
- Prohibition of any kind of violation of human rights, such as child and forced labor or discrimination in the workplace
- The right to trade union freedom and collective bargaining
- Good working conditions for employees and respecting employment contracts
- Equal Opportunities in the Workplace (SDG 5.8)
- Fair remuneration