The NJV Athens Plaza has a strong sense of community engagement. The guideline for our social activity is the cooperation and support of the local community in which we operate. Our actions focus on the contribution to social development, to sustainability and to culture.
- We provide daily meals to families with financial difficulties and to the Foundations of Athens.
- We satisfy essential needs by providing goods through accredited NGO’s to the homeless, the elderly and refugees in Athens.
- We participate in local sporting events having a social purpose.
- We support young students in the tourism sector by the organisation of free seminars in the Hotel industry and ethics.
- We collaborate only with local responsible suppliers, encouraging them to present and promote their products and services and we support the circular economy as a healthy model of sustainable development.
- We have created a lending library which is continuously enriched for both our staff and our guests.
DURING THE YEAR 2018
- We collected clothing and food for NGOs, homeless and the elderly.
- We distributed 8250 portions of food to Foundations and NGOs.
- We continued our assistance on three poverty stricken families of 4 persons and we covered their needs for food on a daily basis.
- We provided donations and charities, such as meals and in-house events to NGOs.
- We collected plastic caps for the National Accident Prevention Association "LOVE LIFE" to provide wheelchairs for the disabled.
We supplied a Social Grocery of Athens with 1015 beneficiaries in need, by evaporated milk, rice, pasta and oil.
We supported the summer event of the Greek Children's Museum, a non-profit association of public benefit with the aim to help children to develop all their potential to become citizens with respect for their individuality, social awareness and the sense to contribute to the community they live in.
AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SCHOOL YEAR
- We provided a public Kindergarden with a projector.
- We supported the needs of children hosted at the “SOS Children and Family Support Center” of Athens in school bags and pencil cases.
- We offered to the International Organization “DOCTORS OF THE WORLD” school supplies for unaccompanied minors refugees.
- We sponsored the American College of Greece, for the continuation of the studies of 16 refugees.
DURING CHRISTMAS DAYS
- At the Christmas celebration with our associates, we collected 190 wishes and each one of them was "transformed" into a Christmas present for the children of the flood victims of Mantras, Attica.
- We offered 350 bracelets - charms of “SOS Children's Villages”.
- At the Christmas party for the children of our Hotel employees, we celebrated Christmas together with children from “SOS Children's Villages”.
- Together with the Institution “DOCTORS OF THE WORLD”, we adorned the Christmas tree in front of the Athens University by pasteurized milk.