The NJV Athens Plaza: Company information
Our Corporate Social Responsibility
At the NJVAthensPlaza, our commitment is to continuously acknowledge, through our business ethics and social diligence, Corporate Social Responsibility in accordance with the principles of sustainability for the society and the environment.
For us, sustainability means achieving financial results, paying increasingly close attention to social and environmental responsibility.
- Mission & Vision
- Environmental Action
- Promotion of Culture
- Corporate Financial Information
Mission & Vision
Our mission is to delight our guests with an exceptional experience in the unique historical Centre of our city by offering luxury accommodation with magnificent view, combining professional high quality service with a warm welcoming environment. All our well trained and dedicated staff’s efforts are for our guests to feel special and leave our premises with fulfilled expectations and unforgettable memories while always receiving value for money services. We are committed to constantly improve our product and our performance, inspiring feelings of unique Greek hospitality, while setting the example for others to follow.
Being the first choice for visitors, colleagues and business partners.
- The effective corporate governance and ethical conduct in all aspects of management
- The socially responsible operation
- Equal opportunities for all.
- The qualitative and excellent service as a gratitude to our customers for their trust.
- The interest in economic, social and human development of the community.
- The commitment to environmental protection
- Business ethics
- Human Rights
- Consideration and caring for each employee
- Qualitative hosting
- Contribution to Society
- Respect to the Environment
- Promotion of Culture
- The development of a consistent relation of trust with employees, customers and every partner.
- The continuous improvement of our services, adapting customer satisfaction to their changing needs.
- The effectiveness through the implementation of specific procedures and good practices.
The socially responsible practices ensure satisfaction, health, safety, training, evaluation, equal treatment and active participation of our staff in CSR.
Our socially responsible practices extend to the community and a wide range of stakeholders such as customers, suppliers, public authorities and Non Governmental Organizations (NGOs) representing local communities or are involved to environmental protection.
The Food Safety Management System standard ISO 22000:2005 incorporates HACCP and other preventive standards aiming to assure and certify the safety and health of the food we produce and distribute. By applying ISO 22000:2005, we ensure the reduction and elimination of food safety risks as a means to protect our consumer’s health. This certification is being ensured through a series of strict control procedures by the internationally distinguished certification agency Lloyd's, which furthermore, continuously improves our food safety processes and communication throughout the supply chain, increasing stakeholder confidence and providing transparency.
Candy Park - atenistas - Action for children!!!
We supported, by providing the paint and all the necessary materials, the reconstruction of a neglected playground at the Academy of Plato. There, with a lot of inspiration, artistry and passion, the atenistas transformed the neglected playground in Candy Park.
Pocket Park – atenistas – creating a small space of green in the city!!!
We supported by providing the small plants of green (150 pots) and by giving a helping hand during the maintenance works of the project
Respect for the Environment
The NJVAthensPlaza recognizes the importance of contributing to environmental protection, promoting the principles of sustainability implements recycling and energy saving programs.
Since this effort is an ongoing journey, new technologies and new processes are reviewed and applied consistently in order to achieve positive results and reduce our footprint on the environment.
As part of this effort we raise awareness both employees and our guests, informing them of the benefits of the environment and promoting environmental sustainability.
- We recycle
-oil motors and engines
-metal aluminum, copper
- We use
-low consumption -lamps
-fan coil of water for air conditioning
-eco - friendly colors for painting
-cleaners with environmentally friendly ingredients
-enzymes for cleaning grease and impurities
-Inverter technology in any replacement of motor parts
-eco-friendly papers. Reduce of their use. The copiers and printers print on both sides to save paper.
-our copiers and printers print on both sides to save paper.
- We replace the elevator motors & parts with new that return 44% of the consumed energy
- We reduce plastic use
- We collect and recycle used cooking oil and grease waste residues in special containers and send to specialist waste handlers to create biodiesel.
- We promote Greek Breakfast & offer Greek traditional products at every opportunity. (Sweets, mastic Chios, Greek coffee, etc.).
- Hotel’s Free Press is printed by completely biodegradable and recyclable paper.
Working hard towards a Carbon Neutral future
NJV Athens Plaza is among the pioneers of the Greek hospitality industry that gradually embed into their operating DNA, a Carbon Neutral philosophy. Strongly believing that the protection of the environment should concern each one of us, the NJV Athens Plaza never stopped looking for innovative ideas that would lead to a more ecological operation of the hotel. Towards this direction Carbon Neutral events highlight in the most prominent way the hotel’s focus on a truly eco-friendly model of operation. In May 2015, NJV Athens Plaza introduced Carbon Neutral Events, where each parameter is carefully calculated by a credible, highly specialized 3rd party and the carbon footprint of the event and its preparation procedures is actively counterbalanced with the purchase of Carbon Offsets. Since then, the promotion of Carbon Neutral Events has been a top priority for the management of the Hotel.
Within our Hotel’s Environmental policy we are responsibly engaged with the recycling of soap in order to minimize the volume of soap waste into the environment but as well to contribute to the improving of health and hygiene conditions for the socially “sensitive” citizens.
Since 2006, Global Sustain has evolved in response to sustainability challenges, providing a wide range of services and solutions to support its members succeeding triple bottom line results. Based in Basel, Berlin, Brussels, Dubai, London, Melbourne, Sri Lanka and Athens, Global Sustain offers innovative online and off-line services related to sustainability, corporate responsibility, responsible investing, green economy, business ethics and excellence, transparency, human rights and accountability. Its members include corporations, non-governmental and non-profit organizations, municipalities and local authorities, academic institutions, media, professional bodies, service providers, chambers, think tanks and other public or private entities.
Rooms environmentally friendly
• We have implemented the electronic lock system (key cards) in our rooms for automatic power off when Guests depart the room.
• We use the eco friendly linen washing programs, while highly concentrated cleaning products ensure a sustainable cleaning without solid and chemical wastes.
• We seek to involve our guests in the environmental activities of our hotel, suggesting to them, for example, to have their sheets and towels changed every 2 days instead of on a daily basis.
• We use biodegradable toilet paper.
Promotion of Culture
• Promotion of the Athens landmarks
-Yearly Cultural package Offers, to visit archaeological sites and the AcropolisMuseum
• By promoting Greece & its beauties through our Seasonal Free Press issues
- Museums in Athens
- Theater performances
• Periodic presentations of remarkable artworks by Greek Artists in our lobby.
• On the 29th of May 2012, NJVAthensPlaza was among the sponsors of the original opera titled "Opus Elgin: Destruction of the Parthenon", which was held at the Megaron Concert Hall and concentrated on the return of the Parthenon marbles to the Acropolis of Athens.